Change to a lower version of the ubuntu kernel

When changing the kernel version in ubuntu, proceed in the following order.

Install the kernel to change

sudo apt install linux-image-5.15.0-70-generic

change grub order

Change GRUB_DEFAULT="1>4" in /etc/default/grub file
The meaning of "1>4" is to select 4 (5th item) after moving 1 (advanced, second) in the grub menu.
The value can change depending on the kernel installed situation. (/boot/grub/grub.cfg)

Apply grub changes

sudo update-grub

If the driver does not operate normally after booting, install the following two packages additionally

If already installed, reinstall with reinstall instead of install

sudo apt install linux-headers-5.15.0-70-generic
sudo apt install linux-modules-extra-5.15.0-70-generic

No comments:

Lognote - My toy project

In a project, the code work is limited When I say, "I think it will work if I change it like this," I get, "If it doesn't...